Rope Access Technician
SNE (Estonian legislation requirements), Level 1; 2; 3
This course is intended for persons who wish to acquire first-level “Rope Access Technician” skills and qualifications, increase or confirm first-, second-, or third-level qualifications, as well as get more in-depth theoretical knowledge and an additional opportunity to improve your practical skills.
Course length: 64 academic hours (5 study days + 1 exam day = 6 days)
Price: Levels 1, Levels 2, Levels 3
6 days (including exam) 1185 euros (20% VAT is added) (includes training, study materials, equipment, coffee breaks, breakfast, lunch and dinner, accommodation)
Course language: russian, english
Course content Level 1Course content Level 2Course content Level 3
Main goals of the training:
- Provide the necessary information about work at height safety requirements according to the local and international legislation;
- Provide the necessary about international standards connected to the rope access and fall protection equipment;
- Provide the necessary information about give to the candidates all the necessary information about the planning and management system and the areas of responsibility in rope access and work at height;
- Provide necessary practical skills in rope access techniques (methods) and high positioning;
- Provide the necessary practical skills in the selection, use and maintenance of fall protection equipment used in rope access and high positioning techniques;
- Provide necessary practical skills in rope access techniques (methods) to rescue colleagues. According to the learner’s qualification level.
- To evaluate the knowledge and skills acquired by learners with subsequent access to work and improvement in the workplace, which would take place under the control of more experienced colleagues.
Course structure and description of tasks:
- The training days are equipped with both theoretical and practical lessons, which include multimedia-based learning and practical exercises on training equipment.
- Theory: Principles of rope access work methods, familiarization with safety requirements, understanding the importance of risk level assessment, safety devices, fall factors, selection of anchor points, anchor system, hanging, documents and legislation, lifting systems, review and selection of existing rope access equipment, etc. According to the learner’s qualification level.
- Practicing: assembling or personal equipment, ascent, descent, directional movement, deviations, knots, rope-to-rope transfers, use of workseats, rescue techniques etc. According to the learner’s qualification level.
Conditions for passing the exam, certificate to be issued:
- Accounting for the practical and theoretical exam, certificate of rope access competence.
Knowledge and skills acquired on successful ending of the training:
- The person who completes the course has the minimum necessary knowledge to perform high-rise work using the “rope access” method according to his qualification level, and can continue to improve his skills at the workplace, adhering to the requirements.
- Level 1 – technician is able and allowed to perform via rope access methods a certain number of tasks under the supervision of level 3 tech/safety supervisor
- Level 2 – technician is able and allowed to perform via rope access methods a certain number of tasks under the supervision of level 3 tech/safety supervisor
- Level 3 – is a most experienced rope access technician who is: possess all the knowledge and skills of the levels 1 and 2; aware about various work techniques and concerning legislation; possess the knowledge about latest rigging and rescue methods; holding the valid first aid certificate and aware about rope access training principles; the persons who meet all requirements can act as safety supervisors, responsible for performing the works via rope access methods.