Work at heights training
Maneuvers and positioning
This training is intended for:
- For persons who wish to acquire the necessary skills and qualifications to work SAFELY at heights (buildings, structures, structures and mechanisms). Level 1, Level 2.
- Raise or confirm level one or two qualifications.
Level 1 – 8 hours (6.5 lessons + 1.5 exam hours = 1 day)
Level 2 – 16 hours (12 lessons + 4 exam hours = 2 days)
The nearest course time: The course is being planned. (Registration)
Exam days: A knowledge check on the material covered is carried out on each day of presentation of the material or on the following day.
Level 1 –
Level 2 –
Main goals of the training:
- Level 1 – Provide the necessary information about the safety requirements for elevated works, arising from legislative and normative acts and based on the experience and safety principles of IRATA International; Provide the necessary information about fall protection equipment (selection, adjustment, use and control); Provide the necessary information about hazards and their control measures; Provide the necessary practical skills for movement and positioning at heights; Provide the necessary practical skills on the selection, use and maintenance of personal protective equipment systems and elements; To teach the practical use of rope access techniques (methods) in rescuing colleagues.
- Level 2 – Provide the necessary information about first-level requirements; In addition, provide the necessary information for the use of personal protective equipment for specific work;Provide the necessary information planning and the management system, the division of tasks and responsibilities in carrying out work at height and rescue activities.
- Provide the necessary practical skills to evacuate the victim.
- To evaluate the knowledge and skills acquired by learners with subsequent access to work and improvement in the workplace, which would take place under the control of more experienced colleagues.
Conditions for passing the exam, certificate to be issued:
First level exam
30 theoretical questions, multiple choice, A, B, C, according to the first level curriculum. 1 minute per question, you have to answer 80% of the questions correctly to pass.
A practical exam, the learner must demonstrate the correct attitude to work at height, put on and adjust the safety harness, climb the structure with the shock absorber and MGO carabiners, position, tighten or loosen the screw, remove the equipment for positioning and come down. Climb up and down stairs with a pre-installed fall protection system. Use an anchor system to limit entry into the drop zone, demonstrating understanding and limitations of this high work technique.
Second level exam
30 theoretical questions, multiple choice, A, B, C, D according to the second level curriculum. 1 minute per question, you have to answer 80% of the questions correctly to pass.
Practical exam, the learner has to show the right attitude to work at height, put on and adjust the safety harness, climb the structure with shock absorber and MGO carabiners, the other has to rescue him from there. Demonstrate the rescue of a victim stuck on the stairs with a pre-installed fall protection system.
Knowledge and skills acquired on successful ending of the training:
- The person who completes the course has the minimum necessary knowledge to perform high-rise work according to his qualification level nd can continue to improve his skills at the workplace, adhering to the requirements.
- Level 1 – is able to set work order and use personal protective equipment, SAFELY move and position at heights, act in an emergency.
- Level 2 – is able to demonstrate deeper knowledge and skills than required from the first level; has knowledge of relevant work techniques and legislation; has in-depth knowledge of the best methods of organizing insurance and rescue operations. Has the necessary planning and control skills. Those who have passed the second level can after completing and confirming the professional practice become a safety manager – responsible for rope access work on work projects.